Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hillbilly Lemonade

~Heather also blogs at HEATHER LESSITER/It's All for the Best and The Fat Bottomed Girl.~

One of the simplest pleasures of summer is a tall glass of cold, sweet lemonade. If you enjoy the taste of homemade lemonade, but don't have the time to make it, here is a great recipe we got in West Virginia last year. I guess it's more of a tip than a recipe, but you can make that call.


Begin by mixing up a gallon of lemonade with powdered lemonade mix. Country Time is what was recommended, but I've made it with the Aldi's brand and with the brand I got at Save A Lot; all of them worked equally well for me.


Next, slice up an orange and add it to the lemonade. I squeeze my orange slices a bit when I add them and I let it marinate overnight. That's it! The result is a more flavorful and tasty lemonade than you'll get from the package with minimal effort.

2 comments:

  1. sounds delicious-now i'm craving lemonade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds scrumptious. Just need a bit o' fried chicken and a dab of tater salad to complete the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Header designed by Crystal. Thanks!